Private Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Ultrasound Scan
DVT Ultrasound Scan – In a Glance
- An ultrasound scan to exclude lower extremity Deep Vein Thrombosis
- For pain, swelling and tenderness in your leg.
- No GP referral is required
- Same-day digital results
- Fully qualified, experienced NHS sonographers
- No preparation is required
- Same-day appointments usually available.
- Only £159
- Book Online or over the phone
- A DVT scan or Venous Doppler or Duplex ultrasound is an imaging examination which is being used to check for any clots or thrombus in the veins that can cause a blockage. Clots can develop within the deep veins of the body but mainly the legs and ultrasound is being used to confirm or exclude the presence of DVT.DVT can cause pain and swelling in one or both legs and has the potential of causing a life-threatening pulmonary embolism. Pulmonary embolism is being caused when a piece of the thrombus breaks off and travels to the pulmonary vessels in the lungs and blocks them.
What is the purpose of the DVT ultrasound scan?
The DVT scan includes evaluation of:
- Femoral vein
- Saphenofemoral junction
- Popliteal vein
- Deep calf veins (if visualised)
Reasons for having a DVT ultrasound scan:
In some cases, there may be no symptoms of DVT. If symptoms do occur they can include:
- Pain, swelling and tenderness in one of your legs
- A heavy ache in the affected area.
- Warm skin in the area of the clot.
- Redness of your skin, particularly at the back of your leg below the knee.
What is included with the deep vein thrombosis ultrasound scan
A written ultrasound report and if needed, a follow up recommendation.
No preparation for this deep vein thrombosis ultrasound scan is necessary.
What should I expect during the DVT ultrasound scan procedure?
Upon your arrival, our sonographer will explain the ultrasound examination procedure. You will need to expose your legs and a small amount of gel will be placed on your skin. The sonographer will follow the length of your leg veins and from time to time you will feel a small amount of pressure. Sometimes you might see the colour on the screen or hear a noise. The colour is called colour Doppler and used to see the blood flowing through your veins. The ‘noise’ is again a technique to evaluate the blood flow and it is called Pulse Wave Doppler. A combination of the grayscale image, the colour Doppler and pulse wave doppler is called triplex doppler.
The ultrasound examination should last approximately an hour and an ultrasound report will be issued to take it with you.
Price of DVT scan: £159.00 (Both Legs: £219.00)
What Our Clients Say?
You can see all our Genuine reviews at Google.
- Iannelli Dyer2/04/2020 – Google
Highly recommend this clinic! They have a wide range of availability to accommodate the work day, and they were flexible with changes. Yianni was very professional, trusting, and friendly. He made us feel comfortable informed, and made our first “early scan” a really positive experience!!
- Christopher Allen2/29/2020 – Google
Incredibly quick and easy online booking process. I was researching in the early hours of the morning concerned about some blood results, and I was able to book an ultrasound for the same day at a very reasonable price. Tareq was wonderful and once I told him I had a medical background he explained the more detailed scan results to me clearly and reassuringly. Very happy with the service and would highly recommend. Thanks so much.
- Lindsey Blizard2/22/2020 – Google
Attended today for an ultrasound on my shoulder as I have frozen shoulder. Tareq and his assistant Gina were highly professional and Tareq was informative about the procedure and findings during the scan. He was also helpful in making suggestions about further treatment. Would definitely recommend. His report was emailed to me within an hour if the scan.
Booking an appointment at International Ultrasound Services for a pelvic ultrasound scan is simple. We should be able to arrange an appointment at a convenient time for you. Same day appointments might also be available if you need your scan results quickly.
We will provide a full ultrasound report with your results that you will be able to share with your GP or other healthcare professionals.
Do you need a Private ultrasound scan??
Book your ultrasound scan Now.