Private Abdominal and Urinary Ultrasound Scan
Abdominal and Urinary Tract Scan – In a Glance
- Combination of the Upper abdominal scan and Urinary tract Scan
- Includes Liver, Gallbladder, Pancres, kidneys, spleen, bladder
- Fasting and full bladder is required
- No GP referral is required
- Same time results
- Fully qualified, experienced NHS sonographers
- Fasting and full bladder is required
- Same day appointments usually available.
- Only £169
- Book Online or over the phone
This scan is a combination of the abdominal ultrasound scan and urinary tract and is recommended when pathology of the major internalinternal organs needs to be excluded or when the health complain is not specific.
Reasons for having an abdominal and Kidney ultrasound scan:
- Generalised Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Abnormal blood tests
- Follow up on previous findings that included more than one abdominal organ
- Tumours & Cancers
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Generalised pain pain in the kidney region
- Detect many tumours and cancers
What is the purpose of this scan?
The Abdominal ultrasound scan includes the evaluation of:
- Gallbladder and biliary system
What is included with this abdominal and kidney scan?
- Ultrasound report with images and if needed, a follow up recommendation.
Preparation for this scan?
- For this ultrasound scan you are required to fast for at least 4 hours (if you are diabetic you may have a sugary supplement if needed). You also need to have full bladder and it is therefore required that you drink 1lt (2 pints of water) 1 hr before the scan.
What should I expect during the abdominal and kidney ultrasound?
Before the ultrasound scan, our sonographer will explain the examination procedure.
You will be asked to lie on your back and expose your upper abdomen.
A small amount of water-based gel will be applied to your skin. The gel will help the transducer to make good contact with the skin. The ultrasound transducer will be placed on the body and will be moved in different directions over the area of interest to obtain the required information/ultrasound images.
There is usually no discomfort from pressure as the transducer or probe as otherwise known, is pressed against the area being examined. However, if scanning is performed over an area of tenderness, you may feel pressure or minor discomfort from the transducer.
Once the ultrasound imaging is completed, the clear ultrasound gel will be wiped off your skin. Any portions that are not wiped off will dry quickly. The ultrasound gel does not usually stain or discolor clothing.
This ultrasound examination is usually completed within 10-15 minutes.
After an ultrasound examination, you should be able to resume your normal activities immediately.
What Our Clients Say?
You can see all our Genuine reviews at Google.
- Iannelli Dyer2/04/2020 – Google
Highly recommend this clinic! They have a wide range of availability to accommodate the work day, and they were flexible with changes. Yianni was very professional, trusting, and friendly. He made us feel comfortable informed, and made our first “early scan” a really positive experience!!
- Lindsey Blizard2/22/2020 – Google
Attended today for an ultrasound on my shoulder as I have frozen shoulder. Tareq and his assistant Gina were highly professional and Tareq was informative about the procedure and findings during the scan. He was also helpful in making suggestions about further treatment. Would definitely recommend. His report was emailed to me within an hour if the scan.
- Christopher Allen2/29/2020 – Google
Incredibly quick and easy online booking process. I was researching in the early hours of the morning concerned about some blood results, and I was able to book an ultrasound for the same day at a very reasonable price. Tareq was wonderful and once I told him I had a medical background he explained the more detailed scan results to me clearly and reassuringly. Very happy with the service and would highly recommend. Thanks so much.
Booking an appointment at International Ultrasound Services for a pelvic ultrasound scan is simple. We should be able to arrange an appointment at a convenient time for you. Same day appointments might also be available if you need your scan results quickly.
We will provide a full ultrasound report with your results that you will be able to share with your GP or other healthcare professionals.
Do you need a Private ultrasound scan??
Book your scan Now.