Abdominal Ultrasound Scan
Private Abdominal Scan – At a Glance
- Ultrasound Scan of the Liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidneys and spleen
- Confirm pathology within the Upper Abdomen
- General Reassurance
- No GP referral is required
- Same time results to take away
- Fully qualified, experienced NHS sonographers
- At least 4 hrs fasting is required.
- Same day appointments usually available.
- Only £139
- Book Online or over the phone
Genuine 5 Star Google Reviews from 100+ patients [wprevpro_usebadge tid=”1″]
Abdominal ultrasound scan is a medical test to evaluate the organs within the upper abdominal viscera such as liver, pancreas, gallbladder, kidneys and spleen. Ultrasound is also able to evaluate the blood flow in these organs using the colour doppler technique.
Abdominal scans are very common and the main reasons for referal is RUQ (right upper quadrant), epigastric or generalised abdominal pain. When this pain is associated with food your doctor will want to exclude the presence of gallstones.
Reasons for having an abdominal ultrasounds.
This scan is performed to diagnose the reasons for:
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Loin/kidney pain
- Abnormal liver function tests, fatty liver
- Abnormal renal function
- Follow up on previous findings such as cysts, gallstones, polyps, kidney stones
- Abnormal Blood Tests
- Tumours & Cancers
- Fatty Liver
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Yellow Skin (Jaundice)
What is the purpose of this abdominal scan?
The Liver and Upper Abdominal diagnostic ultrasound scan includes the evaluation of:
- Gallbladder and biliary system
- Organ blood flow using Doppler ultrasound
What is included with this scan?
- Ultrasound report with images and if needed, a follow up recommendation.
Preparation for this upper abdominal scan?
- For this private ultrasound scan you are required to fast for at least 4 hours (if you are diabetic you may have a sugary supplement if needed). Clear fluids, for example water are allowed.
What should I expect during the abdominal ultrasound scan?
Before the ultrasound scan, our sonographer will explain the examination procedure.
You will be asked to lie on your back and expose your upper abdomen.
A small amount of water-based gel will be applied to your skin. The gel will help the transducer to make good contact with the skin. The ultrasound transducer will be placed on the body and will be moved in different directions over the area of interest to obtain the required information/ultrasound images.
There is usually no discomfort from pressure as the transducer or probe as otherwise known, is pressed against the area being examined. However, if scanning is performed over an area of tenderness, you may feel pressure or minor discomfort from the transducer.
Once the ultrasound imaging is completed, the clear ultrasound gel will be wiped off your skin. Any portions that are not wiped off will dry quickly. The ultrasound gel does not usually stain or discolor clothing.
This ultrasound examination is usually completed within 20-30 minutes. After an ultrasound examination, you should be able to resume your normal activities immediately.
Abdominal Ultrasound Cost
We believe that ultrasound scans in London should be affordable and the cost should not be a limiting factor on your decision of getting faster diagnosis and better treatment. You will therefore find the price of our abdominal ultrasound and the other imaging services we offer suprisingly affordable.
What Our Clients Say?
You can see all our Genuine reviews at Google.
Booking an appointment at International Ultrasound Services for a pelvic ultrasound scan is simple. We should be able to arrange an appointment at a convenient time for you. Same day appointments might also be available if you need your scan results quickly.
We will provide a full ultrasound report with your results that you will be able to share with your GP or other healthcare professionals.
Do you need a private Abdominal scan??
Book your scan Now.